Provide the full scope of primary care services under his/her field of training, including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and health maintenance to patients without regard to payer status, race, ethnicity or sexual orientation. Is a member of the Interdisciplinary Team, participating in quality improvement and practice management improvements together with colleagues and ancillary staff. Works to achieve clinical outcome measures and the objectives of the FHCB Health Care Plan. Has a working knowledge of Joint Commission and NCQA standards and requirements.
Exhibits and promotes a standard of excellence in the performance of all duties and interactions with patients, co-workers, and outside contacts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Outpatient primary care. The physician shall provide primary care services to FHCB patients, in conformity with the standards of his/her specialty and the administrative and finance policies of Family Health Centers of Baltimore.
- Practices evidence-based medicine, using U.S. Preventive Task Force guidelines. Obtain health history and perform physical examinations. Review incoming reports (e.g. lab, x-ray, EKG) sign, date and follow-up in a timely manner.
- Diagnose and provide direct medical care for each patient on a plan for treatment. Set self-management expectations for clinical patients.
- Prescribe medication in accordance with Maryland law and professional practice guidelines.
- Arrange referral for patients requiring services not offered at FHCB. Communicate effectively with consultants and outside specialists as appropriate
- Comply with the FHCB Infection Control plan and ensure compliance by support staff.
- Participate in peer review, quality assurance, provider meetings, and other clinical meetings. Participates in at least one performance improvement initiative annually in collaboration with direct reports, peers, clinical coordinator and other center staff.
- Complete chart documentation within the required 48-hour window routinely.
- In conjunction with nurse manager, monitor patient flow, supervise clinical support staff, and facilitate the patient-centered medical home model.
- Make cost-effective use of FHCB resources and medical supplies
- Make judicious use of administrative time, completing charting and other administrative responsibilities in the administrative time allotted. Complete clinical peer reviews, medical incident reports or other time-sensitive responsibilities.
- Approved Clinic Site. Physician shall provide direct medical care at assigned clinical practice sites. FHCB will consult with Physician prior to any relocation. Completes required continuing medical education credits in the period.
- Teaching. Teaching medical and nursing students, residents and clinical support staff may be required, as determined by the Chief Medical Officer (CMO).
- Working Hours. Provides 36 hours per week of direct patient care at the center(s) assigned. Is flexible and puts needs of the patient above all other considerations. Participates in on-call responsibilities. Participates and attends >95% of monthly interdisciplinary team and all-staff meetings.
- Time and Attendance Records. The physician shall complete time sheets weekly that reflect time worked and time taken off. Time and attendance sheets are subject to outside audits in keeping with various grant requirements.
- Leave Requests. At least 30 days prior notice for paid annual leave is required, to avoid canceling and then re-scheduling patients. Leave approval during the holiday seasons will be subject to require rotations from one year to the next.
- Compliance with FHCB Health Care Plan
- Evidence-based practice
- Complete and accurate medical coding and charting in electronic health record within 48 hours.
- Participation in quality improvement program, including at least one performance improvement initiative annually.
- Establishes priorities; coordinates work activities to meet FHCB program and QI objectives.
- Effectively supervises direct reports and delegates appropriately.
- Maintains a neat and clean work area.
- Works in the community to engage patient enrollment.
- Attendance and punctuality.
- Current Maryland State Medical License
- Current D.E.A. Certificate and current CDS
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine..
- Insurability (malpractice)
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certificate (CPR)
Work is performed in a clinic environment. Involves frequent contact with patients, clinical staff and the general public. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people.
Environmental exposure may include changing temperatures, odors and confined work area. The individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with patients with communicable diseases or potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control. Employee will be expected to participate in Mycobacterium Tuberculosis screening annually.
Varied activities including standing, walking, reaching, bending, lifting. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
This job description provides a summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by individuals in this position. Incumbents may be asked to perform other tasks not specifically written in this job description. These additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as deemed necessary by the CEO.
Employment at FHCB is “at will” and, as such, either the employee or the employer may terminate the employment relationship, with or without cause.