All patients at FHCB have the following basic rights:
- To receive information about FHCB, its services, the providers, and the member’s rights and responsibilities.
- To choose FHCB personal primary care physician.
- To be treated with respect and dignity regardless of race, creed, sex, or age.
- To know that all information about their medical care is confidential.
- To be given the rights and privileges granted by law with respect to their medical record.
- To receive a complete, easily understandable explanation of their condition, treatment and probable outcome.
- To participate in decisions involving their health care.
- To be told the consequences of refusing treatment or not complying with prescribed treatment.
- To choose to participate or not participate in scientific research.
- To file a grievance should a dispute arise over care or treatment.
- To expect that FHCB will not deny services based on race, color, sex, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or inability to pay .
- To have sufficient information to be able to give informed consent to start treatments or procedures, except in emergencies.
- To be informed about pain management and pain relief measures and to actively participate in your pain management plan.
To report a complaint, you may contact
FHCB Complaint Office
Phone: 410-354-2000, ext 11233
Office of Health Services Administrator
Family Health Centers of Baltimore
631 Cherry Hill Road
Baltimore, Maryland 21225
Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
Office of Healthcare Quality
201 West Preston Street
Baltimore, MD 21201