All patients at FHCB have the following basic rights to:
- Receive information about FHCB, its services, the providers, and the member’s rights
- Choose a FHCB personal primary care physician.
- Be treated with respect and dignity regardless of race, creed, sex, or age.
- Know that all information about their medical care is confidential.
- Be given the rights and privileges granted by law with respect to their medical record.
- Receive a complete, easily understandable explanation of their condition, treatment
and probable outcome.
- Participate in decisions involving their health care.
- Be told the consequences of refusing treatment or not complying with prescribed
- Choose to participate or not participate in scientific research.
- File a grievance should a dispute arise over care or treatment.
- Expect that FHCB will reasonably try to overcome any cultural or language barriers
that may exist between the patient and the staff.
- Have sufficient information to be able to give informed consent to start treatments or
procedures, except in emergencies.
- Be informed about pain management and pain relief measures and to actively participate in your pain management plan.
To make a complaint or to give a compliment, contact:
FHCB Compliance Office
410-354-2000, ext 11231 or
Office of Clinical Services Administrator
Family Health Centers of Baltimore
631 Cherry Hill Road
Baltimore, Maryland 21225
“Small Enough To Care, Big Enough To Serve”