All patients at FHCB have the following basic rights to:
- To receive information about FHCB, its services, the providers, and the member’s rights and responsibilities.
- To choose FHCB personal primary care physician.
- To be treated with respect and dignity regardless of race, creed, sex, or age.
- To know that all information about their medical care is confidential.
- To be given the rights and privileges granted by law with respect to their medical record.
- To receive a complete, easily understandable explanation of their condition, treatment and probable outcome.
- To participate in decisions involving their health care.
- To be told the consequences of refusing treatment or not complying with prescribed treatment.
- To choose to participate or not participate in scientific research.
- To file a grievance should a dispute arise over care or treatment.
- To expect that FHCB will not deny services based on race, color, sex, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or inability to pay.
- To have sufficient information to be able to give informed consent to start treatments or procedures, except in emergencies.
- To be informed about pain management and pain relief measures and to actively participate in your pain management plan.
“Small Enough To Care, Big Enough To Serve”
To make a complaint or to give a compliment, contact:
FHCB Compliance Office
410-354-2000, ext 11231 or
Office of Clinical Services Administrator
Family Health Centers of Baltimore
631 Cherry Hill Road
Baltimore, Maryland 21225