The Family Health Centers of Baltimore (FHCB) Behavioral Health Department is a comprehensive program that provides outpatient substance abuse treatment, mental health services, rehabilitative services, educational services, preventive services and primary care services for individuals who suffer from the disease of addiction, mental health disorders, HIV/AIDS and other somatic problems. The Behavioral Health Department of the Family Health Centers of Baltimore understands the complex nature of the patients we serve and employs a holistic treatment approach to ensure that services are integrated to address the needs of the patients we serve.
Behavioral Health Services at FHCB operate from the Recovery Oriented System of Care model; the patients we serve, their families and the community are active participants of the treatment process.
Behavioral Health services include:
- Substance abuse treatment (both intensive and standard)
- Medication assistance for opioid dependence (suboxone)
- Medication assistance for alcohol abuse and dependence (vitriol)
- Individualized patient treatment planning
- Case management
- HIV/AIDS prevention
- Recovery Coaching
- Wellness program
- Vocational development
- Mental Health Counseling
- On-site Psychiatrist
- Family counseling
- Family intervention
- Family education
- Peer support group
- Primary care
- Community outreach
FHCB changed its mission statement to embrace an integrated system of care that meets the behavioral health as well as medical needs of the community. Our doctors, nurse practitioners, mental health professionals and addiction specialists provide evidence based care to prevent chronic conditions from worsening and by work with other stake holders maximize community resources. Our “whole person” care of people is reflective in creative approaches:
- Art Therapy. Pablo Picasso once said “art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life”. Family Health Center of Baltimore’s Behavioral Health Department integrates art therapy as a part of the treatment process for both substance abuse and mental health patients. Art therapeutic taps into inner feelings to express thoughts through art. Art therapy minimizes external clutter that inhibits healthy and productive self-expression.
- Yoga is a growing practice in mental health counseling; it helps reduce depression, anxiety and addiction by boosting the brains dopamine levels and providing the body with healthy endorphins. The combination of postural and deep breathing exercises with meditation and stretching helps restore balance to the mind and body and re-awakens the human spirit. Practicing yoga consistently can help reduce cravings for drugs and alcohol, improve sleep and decrease mental health symptoms.
- Tobacco Screening and Primary Care, an initiative funded by the Baltimore City Health Department to integrate tobacco screening into the primary care setting. The focus of the initiative is to identify patients who use tobacco and refer them to smoking cessation classes.
- Medical Case Management provides a continuum of care coordination for people living with HIV/AIIDS (PLWH/A) to improve health outcomes
- Early Intervention Services provides screenings to identify newly diagnosed HIV patients. Links HIV/AIDS infected patients to medical, behavioral health and other support services; provides HIV counseling/testing within the community.
- Health Education/Risk Reduction provides health education to patients who are at high risk and people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWH/A) within the communities.
- Outreach Services-Traditional identifies and links individuals to care who do not know their status; re-engage PLWH/A who have fallen out of care to care
- Medical Transportation provides transportation for PLWH/A to assist patient with attending doctor visits, case management and other visits and referrals.
- Linguistic Services provides interpretation/translation services for PLWH/A plus printed materials in other languages.
Hours of Operations
- Cherry Hill Office
- Monday from 1:30pm to 4:30pm
- Wednesday from 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Friday from 8:30am to 12pm
- Closed on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Monday – Friday: 8:30AM – 5:00PM
- Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Want to Learn More About Our Fees?
Head over to our online tool that will allow you to determine how much each service at Family Health Centers of Baltimore will cost you out of pocket. All we need to know is the number of individuals in your household, and your income level.
None of the information you provide to FHCB is saved or sent anywhere, and you are given the amounts you will be responsible for immediately, right in your browser!